Please see below for upcoming events we could use your help with!
Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion
We have the opportunity to promote the great things happening at Bristol Ballet during Rhythm and Roots Reunion Festival.
Children’s Day activities are held in Cumberland Square Park from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 19th. We will also have a booth on State Street in front of the studio on Friday evening (September 18th) & Saturday (September 19th).
This is a great opportunity for us to be visible in the community. We need your help to staff our booths during this event. Our Volunteer Coordinator has set up a VolunteerSpot to make it easier for you to decide when and where you can help out for an hour or two during this fun weekend for our community.
Follow these directions to pick the best time for you to help during this fun weekend:
- Click this link to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It's Easy — you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Contact Vonda Kent at email@example.com if you have any problems signing up for your time slot.
- Sewing: Hooks & Eyes; Ironing costumes; Alterations – whatever your comfort level is
- Prop making/refurbishing
- Set/Scenery Construction & Refurbishing
- Load in (from studio to theatre) of scenery & costumes
- Load out (from theatre to studio) of scenery & costumes
- Dressing room assistance
- Back stage assistance: Prop management; Fog machine operators; move scenery/props
- Help with marketing to schools and public (distribution of flyers)
- Seat children for school performances of The Nutcracker
- Organize and execute refreshments
- Organize & Sell boutique items in the lobby
- Sell ads for programs
- Keep lobby clean: pick up trash and lost/found
- Keep reading materials current
- Manage posting of items on bulletin board
- Plan parties for holidays and end of year
- Light Bulbs: Keep light bulbs changed in studio, lobby, sewing room, bathrooms, hallways, & offices
- Clean mirrors monthly
- Take recyclables to recycle center monthly
- Clean doors weekly
- Keep bathrooms stocked with paper products
Serve on a Committee of the Board of Directors (these volunteer committee members will attend committee meetings but don’t need to attend board meetings and will not be voting members of the board.)
- Finance (help with annual budgets & grants)
- Fund Development (including fund raising events)
- Publicity & Marketing (Graphic Design, printing, distribution of materials, social media)
- House (Load ins, Refreshments)
- Education Outreach (Look for & organize short appearances in the community)
- Strategic Planning (developing & updating a continual 3 year plan)
- Governance (Nominations & Bylaws)
Lead Ballet Balance game, distribute materials about Bristol Ballet, & talk to community residents about Bristol Ballet at community events including:
- Border Bash (July 17 & Aug 7)
- BMS August Race (sell souvenirs)
- Bristol Rhythm & Roots: Children’s Day & other set festival times
- Sharky 500 at BMS in October
- YWCA Tech Girls Career Day
- Lay Marley flooring in studios (for better grip & cushion)
- Digitize archived materials
- Download exiting music from CDs to laptop
- Locate alumni from a newly developed list
- Stuff & Stamp envelopes for large mailings
- Assist with display windows
- Keep mailing list updated